Wednesday, April 3, 2019

The Special Days of April

Most of you are aware that we have a non-verbal autistic grandson and that I am a military brat (the child of a career military service member).  On those two points of information alone, you could guess that April is an important month for me.

 April is the month for Autism Awareness and the Military Child.  The specific days for those causes are April 2nd and April 15th.

 Did you also know I have Scottish roots?  April 6th is National Tartan Day. 
I have a brother.  April 10th is National Siblings Day
I have a husband.  April 20th is Husband Appreciation Day.  Who knew?
Earth Day is in April.  This year, Easter is in April.

 I never really looked at a different month.  Perhaps there are many cause days in other months, too.  For me, April seems to have most of the ones I am particularly attached to.

 If you’re interested to see some of the crazy commemorative days in April (like National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day) check out this link.  You’d be surprised at some of the things people celebrate.

 It looks like this calendar missed a very important cause in their extensive list.

·         April has been designated Child Abuse Prevention Month in the United States since 1983.

 Also, to clarify what RAINN DAY is, April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month.  RAINN stands for The Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network.

 As you can see, there are many fun commemorative days in April.  There are also some that should be taken very seriously and talked about more often.  That is why they have a month to highlight these topics.  Families who live with the issues that some of these days represent, might need some help.  You don’t know if you don’t ask. Reach out to them.

 If you know of some other important causes, recognized in the month of April, that did not make the linked calendar, please comment here so they are seen and acknowledged.  Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Page Moved

Hello All, It's been a while.  Actually, I've been posting on our website, which now has a dedicated blog page. Still posting week...