Once I became aware of it I tried to be conscious of
putting my left knee down. Can’t do
it. Well, I can, but it feels weird, so
I switch back to the right knee. Could I
force myself to stay on the left knee?
Sure I could. It would certainly
help my pants last longer. We’re talking
about pants here though, and while I will have to replace three pairs of work
pants this year I really don’t want to put the effort into trying to teach
myself to put my left knee down. In the
grand scheme of things, it just doesn’t seem that important.
However… there are things that people do, automatically
or without really realizing it, that would be worth the effort to try and
change. Some of these things deal with physical health, mental health, and even
the treatment of others.
How many people do you know who automatically
·
reach for a cigarette, one after another
·
grab a soda, instead of water
·
reach for an unhealthy snack because they are
reading, or bored
·
complain about their life
·
find the negative in a situation
·
use a condescending tone of voice
·
sound irritated or angry
·
yell
·
or any other number of things
The way we treat ourselves, and others, can be
damaging. Some of us need to think about
the things we do, or ask a close friend or relative if they have noticed things
we may be doing, without even realizing it, that could be harmful. There may be people who don’t have anything
to be concerned about. Lucky them! There may also be people who need to
concentrate on changing some things, so that they can live a better, longer,
life. Which one are you?